Thursday, November 22, 2007

On the go

Thinking about computers a few years back meant using a computer at home, or at the office. When I started learning how to use computers (ie using word and excel), I never thought I would be able to check my emails while waiting for the bus (never thought I would need to do so, actually). Yeah, being quite independant is great. By independant, I mean not being stuck in an office or in a room. Wireless is one of the major hardware innovations : facebook, mail and twitter right in your pocket. I know that's useless but it can be useful. I do like geek and wireless stuff, that's why I got myself a pdaphone, just like this one :


(ooh, nice)

About the hardware, the right equation is : things that fit in your pocket + things that can connect. I'm not interested that much in the software thing, but I keep an eye on the two major innovations on softwares for mobile devices : Apple OS on the iPhone (didn't want to talk about it but I have to say it's quite impressive) and the Google strike-back : android... meanwhile I'm thinking about upgrading to WIndows Mobile 6 (yeah).

No comments: