Thursday, November 8, 2007

"No money no problems" is so wrong.

Having no money is a real problem, just ask around you. Prosper.com is a site where "people come to borrow and lend money". The kind of "generostiy & sharing" sites that will save the world, if you really believe in it : people who have money lend money to people who need money, and that's it.

I don't like thinking that everyhing is going to be easier on the internet. Why would I be ready to lend $10,000 to someone called banana22 who just says "consolidation of debt" when the same person knocking at my door asking for the same thing would just get a punch in the face ? We're dealing with big amounts of money here.

This site is a living proof that people truely believe that Internet makes things more transparent and more reliable. There's been a lots of scams on the internet since its beginning. As a regular customer on online shops, I can't help but think about all these fake e-mails of people promising you'll be millionaires just by lending $5000 to some son of some rich politician somewhere in Africa. Plus some other ebay frauds. Just ask google.

To sum it up, I think that Internet is probably the best marketplace in the world (I found so many stuff to buy on eBay Hong Kong). For goods, DVDs, computers, information or creation... but not for money. Even with a third party.

What if I gave you my paypal adress and told that I need $5 for a poker game (or for lunch) ?

No comments: